Healing Touch is a complementary, integrative energy therapy that uses gentle touch or near-body touch to clear, balance, energize and support the human energy system.
Healing Touch can:
- Decrease or resolve pain allowing you to use less medication and enjoy family and friends more
- Decrease anxiety/stress allowing you to feel balanced and clear, able to make decisions easily
- Induce a sense of peacefulness, allowing you to sleep better at night
- Support you during chemotherapy by reducing nausea, fatigue and allowing you to feel supported and less fearful
- Deepen your spiritual connection and bring more joy into your life Enhance recovery from surgery with improved mobility, less pain and faster healing
Decrease negative effects of trauma/chronic pain/ and post-traumatic stress disorder
This is accomplished by the practitioner using their hands in a heart-centered and intentional way to assess the seven major chakras and surrounding energy field for any congestion or blockage. The practitioner then uses various techniques to clear the congestion and open the energy flow by using light touch or near-body touch (hands a few inches above the body) on various areas of the body. This facilitates self-healing by the body and promotes physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being. The session is administered with the client lying on a treatment table fully clothed. A client can also be sitting up in a chair or in a bed if necessary. The session normally lasts an hour but can be 30 minutes based upon the client’s needs.
Healing Touch is:
- NON INVASIVE – Healing Touch is done without the use of invasive procedures such as injections, inserting tubes, medication or surgery
- EFFECTIVE – Research has shown that Healing Touch facilitates the relaxation response and enhances the healing process
- NON TOXIC – Medications can cause side effects and must be monitored. Healing Touch restores balance and harmony to our natural biofield without the use of pharmaceuticals.
- ACCESSABLE– Healing touch does not require the use of equipment or substances and can be done in any setting.
Healing Touch was founded by Janet Mentgen, RN in 1989 and is now an international program taught in a variety of settings. Contact Laurie to learn more.